AMP’s main project is the placement of youth coaches on a full time basis in a youth milieu, like a school, campus or town.
These youth coaches assist the individual youth members by:
- acting as role model
- building relationship with learners
- individual sessions and group projects
- assessing learners’ individual needs
- addressing the needs of learners in all development areas
- development of learners’ physical, emotional and spiritual potential
- make the necessary referrals to qualified specialists
These youth coaches assist the schools or youth community by:
- identifying youth related challenges like teen pregnancies and substance abuse
- develop a framework to handle specific challenges
- ensuring that the time of educational and psychological specialists are used in the most optimal manner by screening problems and applying an efficient referral system
- planning and implementing learner support projects, like youth weeks, campaigns, camps and expo’s in accordance with the specific needs of milieu
- building a community based youth support infrastructure
The goal of all AMP interventions is to transform both the individual and the youth community.